Skip to content
Sellers Typical Costs
- Real estate commission
- Disclosure Report-natural hazard report
- Home Warranty, Existing Encumbrances
- Transfer Tax -City County Convenience
- Accepts Buyer’s Offer to Purchase an initial good faith deposit to open escrow.
- Submits documents and information to escrow holder, such as: addresses of Lien holder, tax receipts, equipment warrantees, home warranty contracts, any leases and/or rental agreements.
- Approves and signs the escrow instructions, grant deed and other related document required to complete the transaction.
- Orders inspections, receives clearance, and approves final reports and/or repairs to the property as required by the terms of the purchase and sale agreement.
- Fulfills any remaining conditions specified in the contract and/or escrow instructions; approves the payoff demands and/or beneficiary’s statements.
- Approves any final changes by signing amendments to the escrow instructions or contract.
- Receives an order for a title service.
- Examines the public records affecting the real property and issues a preliminary report. Determines the requirements and documents needed to complete the transaction and advises the escrow officers and/or agents.
- Reviews and approves the signed documents, releases in the order for title insurance, prior to closing date.
- When authorized by the escrow officer, records the signed documents with the County Record Recorder’s office and prepares to issue the title insurance policies.